Be A Constructive Person
constructive- serving a useful purpose; tending to build up, finding a solution, resolve
The first step is you have to say that you can. -Will Smith
I am thankful to all who said no to me. It is because of them that I’m doing it myself. Albert Einstein
** share spiritual immune system and how I helped a guest figure out how to work her phone
God Wants You to Be You
Adapted from the resource Trusting God Day by Day - by Joyce Meyer
When God called Moses to lead the Israelites out of Egypt and into the Promised Land, Moses gave one excuse after another for why he couldn’t do it—all of which were rooted in fear. When Moses finally did take a step of faith by obeying God, God used him in a mighty way.
What do you think of yourself? Are you afraid God is unhappy with you? Do you regularly inventory all your faults, past failures and weaknesses, then feel weak like Moses did? If you do, then you need to shift your focus. God doesn’t dwell on your mistakes (see Jeremiah 31:34); instead, He wants to give you His power (grace) to do everything He’s called you to do.
For many years, I experienced a lot of fear about who I was, so if you’re in that place right now, I understand how you feel. But remember this: your feelings don't convey truth; only God's Word does that. I encourage you to work with the Holy Spirit to see yourself the way God sees you—as His child, full of His power, and uniquely designed by Him for a specific purpose. When you see yourself as He does, you’ll be filled with godly confidence!
I wasted a long time trying to be like other people I knew, but I found that God won't help us be anyone other than ourselves. Relax, learn to love yourself, and don't be afraid that you won't be able to do what you need to do. The truth is that none of us can do what we need to do without God's help. If we only look at what we think we can do, we’ll stay frozen in fear. But if we look at Jesus and focus on Him, He’ll give us the courage to go forward even while we’re afraid.
Prayer Starter: Father, please help me to see myself the way You see me. I choose to trust You for the grace I need to be fully me, to learn to love myself, and to walk out the purpose You have for me. In Jesus’s Name, amen.
- 6:02am Fate's Right Hand by Rodney Crowell on The Essential Rodney Crowell (Sony)
- 6:08am Default User by Live
- 6:09am Can't Get Enough Of Your Love Baby by Barry White on Barry White's Greatest Hits (Mercury)
- 6:12am Hudson River Nights by Kim Waters on Sweet and Sky (Shanachie)
- 6:18am I Love You by Soul Children of Chicago & Walt Whitman on Ballad Gospel Classics (Sheridan Square Records)
- 6:21am Anything by Jaheim ft Next on Ghetto Love (Warner Records)
- 6:44am Blue Water by Blue Marienthal on Smooth Jazz #1s (Concord Music Group)
- 6:47am While We're Young by Jhene Aiko on Trip (Def Jam Recordings)