Proverbs 23:7 New King James Version (NKJV)
7 For as he thinks in his heart, so is he.
“Eat and drink!” he says to you,
But his heart is not with you.
The definition of dignified is having or showing worth, nobility or self respect. An example of a dignified person is someone who always acts politely and minds her manners in a difficult situation.
A Wounded Heart
Adapted from the resource New Day, New You - by Joyce Meyer
Is it wrong to have a wounded heart? No, a wounded heart is not wrong, but if you have one, it’s important to be healed so you can go on. In Old Testament days, if a priest had a wound or a bleeding sore, he could not minister.
I think that today we have a lot of wounded healers. By that, I mean there are many people in the body of Christ who are trying to help others heal, but they still have unhealed wounds from the past. These people are trying to stop others from bleeding, but they themselves are still bleeding and hurting inside.
Am I saying people in this situation can’t minister to people? Not at all, but I am saying they need to be healed. Jesus said that the blind cannot lead the blind, because if they do, they’ll both fall into a ditch. What’s the use of my trying to minister victory to others if I have no victory in my own life? How can I minister emotional healing to others if I still have unresolved hurts from my own past?
To really minister well, we need to go to God and let Him heal us first. We need to realize that God isn’t looking for people to try to heal others while they’re still hurting. He wants people with wounds that He can heal, who will then go and bring healing to others. God loves to use people who have been healed from hurts and wounds, because no one can help a hurting person better than someone who’s been healed from the same kind of pain.
Prayer Starter: Father, please show me where I’m hurting and need You to heal me. Thank You for restoring me so I can help others heal! In Jesus’s Name, amen.
- 6:00am Hey Porter by Johnny Cash on The Legend Of Johnny Cash
- 6:02am You've Been So Good Up Till Now by Lyle Lovett on Dr. T & The Women (MCA)
- 6:05am Default User by Live
- 6:13am Grateful by Hezekiah Walker & The Love Fellowship on 20/85 Experience (Zomba Recording LLC)
- 6:18am Stay by Jodeci on Forever My Lady (Universal Recordings, a division of UMG Recordings)
- 6:23am Honey by Ken Ford on Chevelle Lane (Ken Ford)
- 6:47am Hang On to Your Love by Sade on Diamond Life (Sony)
- 6:53am Believe in You by Hannah McClure & Paul McClure on The Way Home (Bethel Music)