April 9, 2020
"Jesus said to him, 'If you can believe? All things are possible for one who believes.'"
“It doesn’t matter if a million people tell you what you can’t do, or if ten million people tell you no. If you get one yes from God, that’s all you need.” Tyler Perry
bliss- perfect happiness; great joy.
stress tip of the day-
Avoid Caffeine, Alcohol, and Nicotine.
Avoid, or at least reduce, your consumption of nicotine and any drinks containing caffeine and alcohol. Caffeine and nicotine are stimulants and so will increase your level of stress rather than reduce it.
Alcohol is a depressant when taken in large quantities, but acts as a stimulant in smaller quantities. Therefore using alcohol as a way to alleviate stress is not ultimately helpful.
Swap caffeinated and alcoholic drinks for water, herbal teas, or diluted natural fruit juices and aim to keep yourself hydrated as this will enable your body to cope better with stress.
You should also aim to avoid or reduce your intake of refined sugars - they are contained in many manufactured foods (even in savoury foods such as salad dressings and bread) and can cause energy crashes which may lead you to feel tired and irritable. In general, try to eat a healthy, well-balanced and nutritious diet.
Read more at: https://www.skillsyouneed.com/ps/stress-tips.html
How Many Times Should I Pray?
Adapted from the resource Closer to God Each Day - by Joyce Meyer
I don’t believe we can make any strict rules on how often we should pray about the same thing, but I do think there are some guidelines that might help us to have more confidence in the power of prayer.
For instance, if my children need something, I want them to trust me to do what they’ve asked me to do. I wouldn’t mind, and might even like it, if they occasionally said, “Boy, Mom, I’m sure looking forward to those new shoes.” That statement would tell me that they believed I was going to do what I promised. They would actually be reminding me of my promise, but in a way that didn’t question my integrity.
When I ask the Lord for something in prayer and that request comes to my mind later, I talk to Him about it again. But when I do, I ask Him confidently, not as if I think He didn’t hear me the first time. I thank God that He’s working on the situation, and then let Him know I’m anticipating that He’s going to take care of me.
Prayer Starter: Father, please help me to pray confidently, knowing that You know my needs and you’re working to meet each one. Thank You for being faithful! In Jesus’ Name, amen.
- 6:01am Default User by Live
- 6:03am Bless the Lord by Isabel Davis on The Call (Global Ministry Records)
- 6:06am Green Light (feat. Andre 3000) by John Legend on Evolver (Getting Out Our Dreams and Sony Music)
- 6:10am 24/7 by Paul Brown on Up Front (Verve Music Group)
- 6:14am My Soul Says Yes by Ricky Dillard & New G on Keep Living (Light Records)
- 6:18am All to the Glory of God by Donnie McClurkin on WOW Gospel (n/a)
- 6:26am Survivor by Destiny's Child on Survivor (n/a)
- 6:43am After Midnigt by Kim Waters on From the Heart (Shanachie)
- 6:47am Already Getting Better by William Murphy on WOW Gospel 2016 (RCA)
- 6:51am Street Life by The Crusaders on Street Life (Verve)